Thursday, July 16, 2009

hemp... eat it don't smoke it.


Eating hemp is amazing for you...
and... it tastes GREAT!
3 tsp = 11 grams of protein and...
the omegas are off the chart!

Shelled hemp seed has a similar taste to pine nuts with a sesame seed size & texture.
I put it on everything... ! For example, I put it on my cereal, in a shake, in soup, on a salad, in my raw or cooked version of a stir fry. and even in your vegan baking!

Hempseed is considered to be one of the most nutritious food sources on the planet by leading researchers and medical doctors. Shelled hempseed is packed with 33 percent pure digestible protein and is rich in omega-3 and GLA as well as vitamin E and iron. The Canadian government funded a recent report the states, "hemp protein is comprised of 66 percent high-quality edistin protein, and that hempseed contains the highest percentage of this of any plant source. Hemp also contains three times the vitamin E contained in flax. Unlike soy, hemp is not genetically modified, and it doesn't contain the anti-nutritional qualities commonly found in soy."

Did You Get Your "Good Fats" today?

Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)are the "good fats" that doctors recommend as part of a healthy, balanced diet. Since the human body does not produce EFAs, it is important that you consume EFAs on a regular basis. It is estimated that more than 90 percent of Americans take in too little of one of the most important EFAs--omega-3--which is found in flax, walnuts, deep-water fish, and hempseeds. The quality of omega-3 is vital, since it can be diminished by oxygen, heat, and light. Consume the freshest seeds possible and to ensure that store them in a dark, cold environment such as a refrigerator.

I buy my organic hemp from Nutiva. My favorite Nutiva products are:

The Protein                                                                                                                                      

I have this superior protein powder shake everyday, even when I travel. It is the best shake I have ever had. I blend it with any and all of the below ingredients as long as I have them all at the same time. First I put unsweetened almond milk in a blender, 1/2  frozen banana, 2tbs, hemp protein powder, 1tsp of raw cacao, 1tsp of dandy blend, a squeeze of agave and sometimes a dash of organic vanilla or chocolate extract (if I have it)  Sometimes I add a big scoop or coconut milk chocolate ice cream if I want a milk shake type of shake. ( this way is a treat)

Nutiva now has two healthy, cold-milled, organic Hemp Protein offerings. Their original award-winning Hemp Protein + Fiber contains 37% protein, 43% fiber and 10% fat. The Hemp Protein + Fiber is ideal for people looking to increase their overall fiber consumption. The latest offering — Hemp Protein 50% contains 50% protein, 20% fiber and 11% fat. The Hemp Protein 50% is fantastic for athletes and smoothie-lovers who want higher protein and superior flavor.

The Shelled Hempseed

The world's most nutritious seeds, either plain or added as a delicious condiment. Shelled hempseeds are 33% protein and rich Omega-3 and GLA as well as vitamin E. While other companies heat their hempseeds, Nutiva simply removes the seeds' hard shells, yielding a 100% raw gourmet product that tastes like pine nuts. Enjoy daily by adding them to smoothies, cereal, yogurt, scrambles, stir frys, soups, salads, veggies and anything else. I usually carry then in my bag so I can add to food when I eat out.

Order online and SAVE ...
Free shipping for orders over $30.
http://www.nutiva.com

No comments:

Post a Comment